What can we help you with?
PRICING AND CREDITS
USING TOLUNA QUICKSURVEYS
SURVEY ARTICLES AND GUIDES
Using Toluna QuickSurveys
All you need is an active email address. You can do this directly from our homepage or the registration page. Register Now.
After registration or sign in, you’ll be redirected to your Survey Management page. This displays basic account information, shows a snapshot of your surveys and provides access to key links, like:
• Create Survey
• Contact Lists
• Account Information
Building a Survey
Creating a New Survey
After signing in, click on the "Create Survey" button at the right of your dashboard or the top of the page. You’re now ready to create your new survey.
Creating surveys in Toluna QuickSurveys is a simple 3-step process:
Define - Build - Launch. Our interactive wizard guides you, step-by-step.
1. "DEFINE" Your Survey
In this first step, you will enter a survey name and select a category. Once you've done this, you can click the "BUILD YOUR SURVEY" button in the lower right to begin scripting your online survey.
Toluna.com panelists will see your survey name on their community site Toluna.com and on the title page, so choose a descriptive title that will appeal to as many people as possible. A distinctive title is also useful when you search the inventory of your Toluna QuickSurveys on the surveys page of your dashboard. Next you must select a category for your Toluna QuickSurveys survey. This step is essential, as it ensures your survey is properly displayed and that panelists can locate it easily.
2. "BUILD" – Design Your Survey
Ask for demographic and contact details from your own group. Before you start the survey, you'll be asked if you want to gather additional demographic and contact details from everyone on your own mailing list. If you select these boxes, any fresh input they provide can be saved in a new or existing list.
When you use AskToluna for you survey, skip this step - we already have full details.
Adding questions to your online survey:
- We've already added the first page of your survey, so all you need to do is select a question type from the panel on the left: Choice, Open End, Matrix/Cross, Rating, Numeric, Ranking, Multiple textboxes, Thumbs, Battle, and Tiles.
- Once you select a question type, you can choose from a number of advanced options: randomize answer order, make a question mandatory/optional, and display options.
- To add another page to your survey, simply click the "+" next to your existing page tab.
- When you’ve programmed the questions, you can apply filters, screen-outs, and move, delete and re-organize their order. To move and re-organize questions and pages, simply click and drag the up/down arrow icon in the top right corner of your question box to move it.
- When you're done scripting your survey questions, you can apply filters and screen-outs, and move, delete and re-organize the order of your questions and pages.
- Simply click and drag the up/down arrow icon in the top right corner of the question box to move it.
- To re-organize the pages, click on the "Organize" icon in the top right of the survey screen to open the organize tool. Then, simply click and drag the up/down arrow icon in the top right corner of the page to move it.
3. "PREVIEW" Your Survey
Finally, click Preview to check your survey and you’re almost ready to launch. Download our PDF Survey Builder Guide for more detailed instructions
Saving Your Survey
Click the Apply button at the bottom of the control panel to save each question. Surveys the Toluna Community cannot go live until we receive your payment.
Launching Your Survey
Before you take the final step and launch your survey, we always recommend you test it. Simply click the “Test” button on the Surveys page or the “Preview” button in the survey building wizard.
Go to the survey “Launch” page to target your audience and select to send the survey to your own contacts, the Toluna community or both. Utilize the Toluna panel by clicking “AskToluna”. You can then choose to target up to 3 of the 11 demographic types.
If you select the AskToluna option, you’ll have to add sufficient credits to your order.
Once that’s done and you’re happy, launch your survey from the wizard.
With Toluna QuickSurveys you can send surveys to your own contacts or our panel of over 6 million consumers across 41 countries.
To upload your own list, click on the "Lists" icon on your dashboard for step-by-step instructions. You can then add any of your contacts from the "Launch" page. You can send your survey using AskToluna from here too.
Generating a Report
With Toluna QuickSurveys, analyzing your survey results is fast and easy.
Once your survey has launched, a reporting page is automatically created and updated in real-time. This lets you analyze results as they arrive, and view them by demographic type, too.Using the “Share link”, you can then make your survey's report available to as many people as you like. These people don’t need to have a QuickSurveys account to view your results. You don’t even need to give them access to your account to view your survey results. You can also download the report in Excel, PowerPoint or as a raw data file.
Use AskTheNation for nationally representative survey results.
AskTheNation takes sample size and panelist information like age, gender, race, ethnicity, education, region and household income into account. Based on census data, each sample of 300 participants or more is weighted to get the exact demographic profile of gender, age and region of the national population.
Wherever nationally-representative survey results are available, you can view them at no additional cost. Simply follow the instructions to expand the question on the Survey Report page, and select the highlighted AskTheNation feature.
In any country where Internet uptake is still growing, AskTheNation gives an estimation of your results as if the Internet were already accessible to all its population.
Note: The only attribute that can be targeted in order for AskTheNation to be active is Country. If you add additional targeting attributes, AskTheNation will not be available.