If you follow the blog, you’ve likely seen that we released some pretty exciting targeting features for users who could benefit from a more complex targeting solution.
With these new features, available via the AskToluna Pro launch option, QuickSurveys users now have access to over 200 demographic and profiling categories when sending their survey to Toluna’s global panel of more than 13 million consumers.
Also included with AskToluna Pro are on-demand feasibility and customization options for specific ranges, nested quotas and more. Complex studies that previous required manual intervention can now be done on a DIY platform in just a few clicks – with no manual intervention needed! See below for more information, including how to access these features.
What is it?
Our advanced targeting options can be accessed through AskToluna Pro.
- Select up to 25 demographic targets
- Select up to 50+ profiling targets
- DMA & MSA targeting capabilities
- Postal Code targeting
- Real-time feasibility
- Add interlocking quotas
How is this different from the AskToluna launch option?
Both the AskToluna and AskToluna Pro launch options can get your survey to to the world’s largest social voting community of more than 13 million global consumers. The main difference is AskToluna Pro allows for behavioral profiling and customization of targets, quotas, postal code targeting, DMA/MSA targeting and real-time feasibility. AskToluna will work as it always has, enabling you to send to general population or target by up to 3 demographic targets as well as send to your own list of contacts.
How do I access this feature?
Watch this video “Selecting Your Audience” on choosing your audience, or read below:
From your QuickSurveys dashboard, click on Create Survey and choose AskToluna Pro
On Define your Survey Page
- Name your survey (for help on this, see this blog post)
- Select a category
- Adjust the appearance of your survey
Access AskToluna Pro targeting capabilities by clicking on the Target Respondents button
Select Country and Number of Respondents for your survey.
- The population incidence rate (IR) will determine how many completes your survey will receive.
- Respondents are the total number of respondents who will view the first page of your survey, not the number of respondents who will complete your survey.
- When selecting a respondent number, be sure to consider screening and/or filtering parameters that will be included in your survey.
- You may need to increase the number of “starts” to obtain the number of completes you require.
- The days in field will reflect the minimum number of estimated days required to fulfill your survey request based on the targets selected, number of respondents requested, and the length of the survey. This field is not editable, nor can it be changed as it is automatically calculated to return the minimum value. Adjust accordingly or contact our help desk for assistance.
Selecting Demographics and/or Profiles will activate drop-down menus displaying target categories available through AskToluna Pro. Use the scroll bar or search feature to view and find the appropriate target categories for your survey.
Click on the demographic and profiling targets that you need, drag and drop to the left of the screen where it says “Add Targeted Quota Here.”
For each Profile Category there is a list of supported questions, each of which has several supported responses that can serve as qualification criteria for your respondents.
The demographic targets include:
- Annual Household Income
- Children under 18
- Number of people in Household
- Postal Codes
- Work Position
The 50+ profiling targets you can use include are contained in the following categories:
- Personal– information that may change frequently and specific to the respondent or his or her household, such as pregnancy, salary or income;
- Automotive – information about the vehicles in the respondent’s household, such as ownership and number of cars in household;
- Employment – further details about the respondent’s employment;
- Finance – details about the financial assets of the respondent and/or the respondent household;
- Health – details about specific ailments and health conditions;
- Internet – use of the internet;
- Mobile – mobile specifics, such as type, cellular service;
- Shopping – grocery stores and alcohol preferences; and
- Personal Interests and Beauty – preferences around hobbies, activities, and beauty pursuits.
For each target you choose, you will need to enter a number of respondents you require for that target, or a percentage. The percentage/number should add up to your original respondent requirement (in this example, the number should add up to 100).
If the target is feasible, you can hit continue and go to the Build page where you can start entering your questionnaire per usual.
If the quota is not feasible, try changing your selection criteria under the targets, number of respondents, or the combination of both. Still seeing your target as not feasible? Contact our help desk.
Once you have selected your targets, click “Continue” to take you to the standard Build page where you can create your questionnaire, and then launch!